QUESTIONS ON SOCIAL REFORMS 2
0 of 11 questions completed
TEST WILL CONTAIN 5-10 QUESTIONS ON THE SELECTED TOPIC. TRY TO ANSWER MAXIMUM. FOR ANY QUERY PLEASE REFER TO COMMENT BOX.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 11 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
With respect to education and empowerment of women during freedom struggle, consider the following statements.
1. Ishwar Chandra Vidya Sagar founded Sanskrit college at Calcutta, to improve women education in India.
2. In western India, Professor D K Karve made efforts for promotion of women education and widow remarriage.
3. Ishawar Chandra Vidya Sagar founded the Bethune school.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?Correct
Consider the statements about Ramakrishna Mission. Which of the following is/are correct?
1. Ramakrishna mission was founded by Swami Vivekananda.
2. Ramakrishna mission was a deeply religious body and considered itself a sect of Hinduism.
3. Swami Vivekananda rejected materialism of west and favored spiritualism of east to produce happiness for mankind.
Select the correct answer from the code given belowCorrect
Which of the following statements is/are correct about the Arya Samaj movement ?
1. It accepted the authority of Vedas but disregarded the authority of the Puranas and later Hindu Scriptures.
2. It accepted the doctrine of karma and rejected the theory of destiny.
3. It supported the Vedic notion of the caste system.
Choose the correct answer from the code given below.Correct
Which of the following statements are correct about Jyotiba Phule.
1. He founded the satyasodhak samaj with the leadership of samaj from lower and upper castes.
2. The main aim of his movement was social service and spread of education, specially among girls.
3. His sarvajanik satyadharma and gulamgiri became sources of inspiration for the common masses.
4. He was also a crusade against child marriage and polygamy.
Select the correct code:Correct
Match the following:
A. Arya Samaj 1. Debendranath Tagore
B. PrarthanaSamaj 2. Keshab Chandra Sen
2. C. Brahmo Samaj of India 3. Dr. Atmaram Pandurang
D. TattvabodhiniSabha 4. Swami Dayanand Saraswati
Select the correct answer from the codes given belowCorrect
The Act discouraging child marriage was passed in 1891 largely at the instance of —Correct
The Widow Remarriage Act was passed during the Governor-Generalship of —Correct
Indian War of Independence, 1857 was written by —Correct
‘Satyaartha Prakash’ was written by —Correct
Which one of the following was not a motive of Prarthana Samaj?Correct
Which of the following statements about Raja Ram Mohan Roy are correct?
1. He founded the Atmiya Sabha
2. He founded the Brahmo Samaj which concentrated on non-dualistic aspect of the Hindu faith
Select the correct option from the codes given below:Correct
Add a Comment