QUESTIONS ON 1857 REVOLT 1
0 of 10 questions completed
TEST WILL CONTAIN 5-10 QUESTIONS ON THE SELECTED TOPIC. TRY TO ANSWER MAXIMUM. FOR ANY QUERY PLEASE REFER TO COMMENT BOX.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
What was the grievance of Nanda Saheb against the British?Correct
The General Enlistment Act caused discontent among the sepoys mainly because itCorrect
After the Revolt of 1857
1. the East India Company lost power
2. the army was separated from the general populace
3. distrust grew between the rulers and the ruled
4. the British crown delegated power to the princely statesCorrect
Which of the following leaders of the 1857 Revolt escaped to Nepal ?
1. Nana Saheb 2. Bakht Khan
3. Begum Hazrat Mahal 4. Kunwar SinghCorrect
The circulation of chapattis and red lotuses is associated withCorrect
In the context of 1857 Revolt, the causes that led to the Sepoy Mutiny were
1. the disparity in number of European and Indian troops in the British Indian Forces.
2. the General Service Enlistment Act ordering all recruits to the Bengal Army to be ready for service both within and outside India.
3. the introduction of the Enfield rifle.
Which of the above are correct?Correct
Consider the following statements with respect to “Doctrine of lapse”
1. It was lord Canning who introduced Doctrine of lapse
2. According to this if the ruler of the state died without natural heir, the kingdom of the ruler was to be annexed by British
3. Jhansi was the first state to be annexed by this policy
Select the incorrect answer using the codes given belowCorrect
Which of the following were the causes that led to the failure of the 1857 revolt?
1. Limited territorial base as Central and western India remained mostly unaffected by the revolt.
2. Lack of coordination between the rebels.
3. Lack of resources of the rebels as compared to the British.Correct
Which of the following was/were the cause(s) of failure of the revolt of 1857?
1. Kashmir and Nepal helped in suppressing the revolt.
2. It was mainly feudal in character.
3. Lack of coordination in the uprisings in different parts of India.
4. For the British, major wars outside India concluded by 1856.
Select the correct answer using codes given below.Correct
Which of the following were the consequences of the revolt of 1857?
1. The British Crown assumed the direct responsibility of the country and the rule East India Company was dissolved.
2. The era of annexations of princely states ended.
3. The title of Governor-General was done away with and the Crown’s representative came to be known as the Viceroy.
4. India was made to bear the entire financial burden of the outbreak and suppression of the revolt.Correct
Add a Comment