QUESTIONS ON BRITISH EXPANSION 4
0 of 11 questions completed
TEST WILL CONTAIN 5-10 QUESTIONS ON THE SELECTED TOPIC. TRY TO ANSWER MAXIMUM. FOR ANY QUERY PLEASE REFER TO COMMENT BOX.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 11 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Which of the following statement/s is/are correct about the Mahalwari settlement system? 1. ‘Registered’ land holder was responsible for direct payment of revenue to state.
2. Prevalant in Bengal, Bihar and Orissa
3. Covered majority of British areas in India
Select the correct answer using codes given below.Correct
Consider the following statements:
1. The French were the first to intervene in the disputes of the Indian rulers to acquire political control over territories, a method later followed by the British.
2. European conflicts between France and England found a theatre in Anglo-French wars in India. Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?Correct
Consider the following statements about princely states in India:
1. The British policy of Subsidiary Alliance involved the posting of British Residents and Political Agents to princely states who often constrained the internal autonomy of the princes.
2. The Doctrine of Lapse was one of the contributory factors to the revolt of 1857. Which of the statement(s) given above is/are true?Correct
Consider the following statements regarding Subsidiary Alliance System followed by East India Company.
1. Policy of subsidiary alliance was started by Lord Wellesley.
2. Hyderabad and Awadh accepted subsidiary alliance treaty offered by Governor General.
3. By signing Subsidiary Alliance Treaty, Indian ruler lost the right of maintaining diplomatic relations with other states.
Which of the statements given above are correct?Correct
Consider the following statements about the Battle of Plassey:
1. English provocations, like misuse of Dastaks, were the key reason for the conflict between them and the Bengal rulers.
2. The Battle of Plassey was more of a skirmish than a battle.
3. There was a reversal of bullion flow from India after the battle.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below.Correct
Consider the following statements in the context of Ryotwari system-
1. It was recommended by Munro and Charles Reed and introduced in Bombay and Madras.
2. The revenue was fixed for 30 years on the basis of quality of the soil and nature of the crop. 3. It was based on the scientific rent theory of Ricardo.
Select the correct statement-Correct
Consider the following statements:
1. This system was introduced in Bombayand Madras Presidency.
2. There was no mediator between government and cultivator.
3. Revenue was fixed on basis of qualityofsoil and nature of crops. ‘system’ referred here wasCorrect
. Which of the following statements is/are correct regarding reforms measures adopted by Lord Dalhousie?
2. He established Roorkee Engineering College.
3. He established separate public work department.
Select the correct answer using code given below:Correct
. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. Portuguese were first European power to settle in Pondicherry (Pudduchery).
2. Portuguese had also occupied Bombay for a short span of time.
3. The English never occupied Pondicherry. Select the correct answer using code given belowCorrect
In the struggle between the Britishers and the French to establish supremacy over India, which of the following were the possible causes for British victory?
1. Naval superiority of British as compared to their counterparts.
2. Greater autonomy given to deal with “Indian Matters” to the British officers from their home government.
3. Strategic locations inclined towards British.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:-Correct
. With reference to the entry of European powers into India, which one of the following statements is not correct?Correct
Add a Comment