QUESTIONS ON SUFI AND BHAKTI MOVEMENT 2
0 of 10 questions completed
TEST WILL CONTAIN 5-10 QUESTIONS ON THE SELECTED TOPIC. TRY TO ANSWER MAXIMUM. FOR ANY QUERY PLEASE REFER TO COMMENT BOX.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Consider the following statements regarding the Alvar poet-saints:-
1. They were considered devotees of Lord Vishnu.
2. Their songs of love and devotion are compiled in a book known as Nalayira DivyaPrabandham.
3. They were all Brahmin.
Which of the statements given above is/ are correct?Correct
Consider the following statements:-
1. Akbar visited it fourteen times.
2. Muhammad bin Tughlaq (14th century) was the first sultan to visit it.
3. It was located on the trade route linking Delhi and Gujarat.
The statements above refer to the Dargah of which of the following sufi saints, who was also known as “Gharib Nawaz”?Correct
Consider the following statements about Bhakti movement in India:
1. The development of Bhakti movement took place in North India.
2. The Bhakti saints looked upon religion not as a cold formal worship but as a loving bond based upon love between the worshipped and worshipper.
3. They wrote in local languages.
Which of the statements given above are correct?Correct
Consider the following statements with respect to the Sufism in India:
1. The Sufi silsilas which flourished in India during the Sultanate period initiated the wave of scientific temper in orthodox Islam.
2. Sufis belonging to different silsilas/orders were often hostile to each other.
3. The disciples of Sufism were prohibited to practice the profession.
Which of the above statements is/are incorrect?Correct
The Firdausi order of Sufism popular inCorrect
Who was contemporary of Namdev?Correct
Advaita’ is a philosophy of –Correct
Shankaracharya, during Vikramaditya’s period, was a very famous personality. Which of the following statements is not true of Shankaracharya ?Correct
Who among the following was not an exponent of Bhakti movement ?Correct
The pioneer in preaching Nirguna Bhakti in medieval India wasCorrect
Add a Comment