QUESTIONS ON OZONE
0 of 7 questions completed
TEST WILL CONTAIN 5-10 QUESTIONS ON THE SELECTED TOPIC. TRY TO ANSWER MAXIMUM. FOR ANY QUERY PLEASE REFER TO COMMENT BOX.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 7 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
While majority of ozone depleting substances are produced in the Northern Hemisphere, buT depletion of ozone is predominant in Southern Hemisphere over Antarctic. In this regard, consider the following reasons :-
1. The wind and ocean current systems are responsible for distributing these substances to the southern hemisphere.
2. The polar landmass of Antarctic region is very large.
3. The Antarctic is surrounded by large ocean.
Which of the reasons given above is/are correct?Correct
With regard to ‘ozone depletion’ over the Arctic and Antarctic regions , consider the following statements:
1. The formation of polar stratospheric clouds on both the regions is the main reason for ozone depletion.
2. Both cold temperature and darkness are critical to the process leading to ozone depletion.
3.Ozone depletion is more in the Arctic region because polar vortex at Arctic is tighter than the Antarctic polar vortex.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?Correct
Consider the following statements.
1. In spite of Montreal Protocol, 1987, there has been a rise in the ozone depleting substances.
2. Ozone layer is becoming thinner due to increase in ozone depleting substances.
3. Certain Ozone depleting substances also produce green house effect.
Which of the statements given above is/are incorrect?Correct
Which of the following are responsible for ozone depletion?
1. Fire extinguishers
2. Thermonuclear explosion
3. Cleaning Solvent
4. Natural Gas
Select the correct answer from the code given
Which one of the following is associated with the issue of control and phasing out of the use of ozone-depleting substances?Correct
The Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change ( MoEFCC ) has launched Stage II of HCFCs Phase Out Management Plan (HPMP) for the 2017-23 period. Consider the following statements:
1. HCFCs are ozone depleting substances.
2. HCFCs have very high green house potential.
3. Phasing out of HCFCs comes under Montreal Protocol.
Select the code from following:Correct
Which of the following statements is/are correct regarding Montreal Protocol?
1. It aims to reduce both production and
consumption of ozone depletin substances.
2. It is a legally binding protocol.
3. It does not have the financial assistanc mechanism to help developing countries.
Select the correct answer using the code given below.Correct
Add a Comment