QUESTIONS ON CLIMATE CHANGE
0 of 10 questions completed
TEST WILL CONTAIN 5-10 QUESTIONS ON THE SELECTED TOPIC. TRY TO ANSWER MAXIMUM. FOR ANY QUERY PLEASE REFER TO COMMENT BOX.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
What is the correct order (decreasing) of the global warming potential (GWP) of various gasses present in the atmosphere?
1. Carbon Di Oxide (CO2)
2. Hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs)
3. Mehane (CH4)
4. Nitrous Oxide
5. Perfluorocarbons (PFCs)
Select the correct answer from the code given below:Correct
Consider the following statements about the Kyoto Protocol.
1. Kyoto Protocol was signed in 1997 but the first commitment period started in 2008.
2. Its second commitment period started in 2013 and will last till 2017.
3. By the end of 2015 a new protocol to replace the Kyoto Protocol will be formulated.
Which of the statements given above is/are incorrect?Correct
Which of the following activities could be possibly used to reduce global warming?
1. Using giant mirrors in space
2. Firing large amount of aerosols in the atmosphere
3. Use of bio-char
4. Increasing the amount of iron in the ocean
Select the correct answers using code given below :-Correct
Consider the following impacts of global warming on marine ecosystems.
1. It negatively impacts the growth of phytoplankton.
2. The productivity of krill will increase as their reproductive cycle will reduce.
3. Chance of polar species moving to temperate regions will increase.
4. It will reduce the ability of marine animals to produce shells.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?Correct
With respect to Green House Effect consider the following statements :
1. In the absence of Green House Effect the average temperature of earth would be below 0 degre Celsius.
2. Green House gases absorb short wave radiation.
3. After absorption of energy Green House Gasses emits energy towards the earth as well as towar the space.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?Correct
Which of the following gases are included under the reduction commitment of Kyoto Protocol?
1. Sulphur Hexafloride
3. Nitric Oxide
4. Sulphur Dioxide
Select the correct answers using code given below.Correct
The increasing amount of carbon dioxide in the air is slowly raising the temperature of the atmosphere, because it absorbsCorrect
With reference to a Kyoto Protocol, consider the following statements:
1. Clean development Mechanism allows a country with an emission reduction or limitatio commitment under the Kyoto Protocol (Annex B Party) to earn emission reduction units (ERUs) from an emission-reduction or emission removal project in another Annex B Party
2. Joint Implementation allows a country with an emission-reduction or emission-limitation commitment under the Kyoto Protocol (Annex B Party) to implement an emission-reduction project in developing countries
Which of following statement/s are correct?Correct
Which of the following Green House Gases (GHGs) are included in the national GHG inventory of India?
1. Carbon Dioxide
3. Sulphur Hexafluoride
4. Carbon Monoxide
5. Hydro Fluoro Carbons
6. Nitrous Oxide
Select the correct answer using the code given below.Correct
Climate change has led to some serious changes in fundamental chemistry of Ocean. Ocean acidification is one of the major threats faced by world’s oceans. Which of the following statements are correct about ocean acidification?
1. The ocean water absorbs atmospheric CO 2 and forms carbonic acid.
2. The pH of the ocean water has become less than 7 causing death of marine life and coral bleaching.
Select the correct code from the following:Correct
Add a Comment