QUESTIONS ON ECOSYSTEM AND ECOLOGY 1
0 of 10 questions completed
TEST WILL CONTAIN 5-10 QUESTIONS ON THE SELECTED TOPIC. TRY TO ANSWER MAXIMUM. FOR ANY QUERY PLEASE REFER TO COMMENT BOX.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Which of the following are the abiotic components of the ecosystem?
2. Solar energy
Select the correct answer using the code given below.Correct
With reference to Bioremediation, consider the following statements:
1. No toxic chemicals are used in this process.
2. It is limited to those compounds which are biodegradable.
3. It requires anaerobic conditions to be effective.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?Correct
Which of the following statement is an accurate indication of the ecological health of a wetland?Correct
Consider the following statements
1. Bio-accumulation is increase in concentration of a substance in a food chain.
2. Bio-magnification is increase in concentration of a substance in an organism.
Select the correct statementsCorrect
Which one of the following terms describes not only the physical space occupied by an organism, but also its functional role in the community of organisms?Correct
Which of the following can be example of Mutualism relationship?Correct
Match the following Ecosystem Features
1. Tropical rainforest A. Fir, spruce, rhododendron
2. Alpine forests B. Stratification of Vegetation
3. Subtropical C. broad leaves, Jamun, tamarind, neem
4. Tropical dry evergreen D. Chestnuts, ash, beech, sals and pines
Select the correct codeCorrect
Which of the following should be the characteristics of a pollutant for biomagnifications to occur?
1. Long lived
2. Soluble in water
3. Soluble in fat
Select the correct code from the following:Correct
Which of the following statements are correct about a ‘Community’ in terms of levels of organization in ecology.
1. A community is the name given to a group of organisms of a single species found in specific region.
2. Communities in most instances are named after dominant plant species.
Which of the above statements are correct?Correct
Which of the following statements are correct about the ‘Niche’ of the species?
1. A niche is a unique functional role or place of specie in an ecosystem.
2. It is a description of all the biological, physical and chemical factors that specie needs to survive,reproduce and stay healthy.
3. Two or more species can have exact identical niches.
Select the code from below:Correct
Add a Comment