QUESTIONS ON CAG
0 of 8 questions completed
TEST WILL CONTAIN 5-10 QUESTIONS ON THE SELECTED TOPIC. TRY TO ANSWER MAXIMUM. FOR ANY QUERY PLEASE REFER TO COMMENT BOX.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 8 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Consider the following statements about Comptroller and Auditor-General(CAG) of India.
1. CAG is appointed by the President by warrant under his hand and seal for a period of six years.
2. CAG can only be removed from office in like manner and on like grounds as a Judge of the Supreme Court.
3. CAG is not be eligible for further office either under the Government of India or under the Government of any State after he has ceased to hold his office.
Which of the above statements are correct?Correct
Consider the following statements :
1. The Comptroller and Auditor General of India is removed by the President on the grounds of proved misbehaviour after an inquiry conducted by the Supreme Court.
2. The reports of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India relating to the accounts of the Union and the state shall be submitted to the Parliament by the CAG.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?Correct
Which of the following is true about the Comptroller and Auditor-General’s conditions of service and functions?
1) Term of office is 6 years from the date of assuming the office
2) Vacation of the office is on attaining the age of 60 years if earlier than the expiry of the specified term
3) He may be removed by impeachment
4) He has no control over the issues of money from the Consolidated FundCorrect
Consider the following statements regarding the Comptroller and Auditor- General (CAG) of India:
1. The CAG enjoys the same status as that of Chief Election Commissioner, but higher than the Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha according to the order of precedence.
2. The conditions of service of persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are prescribed by the CAG after consultation with the President.
Which of the statements/s given above is/are correct?Correct
Consider the following duties, roles and functions. Which of them is/are NOT belong to Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG)?
1. Upholding the Constitution of India and laws of Parliament in terms of financial administration
2. Auditing accounts related to Consolidated Fund of India
3. Audits transactions of the Center and state governments related to debts
4. Conduct audit of secret service expenditureCorrect
Which Article in the Constitution on India provides for the post of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG)?Correct
Which of the following duties is NOT performed by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.Correct
Consider the following statements.
The CAG is an agent of the Parliament and conducts audit of expenditure on behalf of the Parliament.
CAG submits his audit reports relating to the accounts of state to the President.
CAG holds office for a period of five years or upto the age of 65 years.
Which of the statements given above is / are correct.Correct
Add a Comment