QUESTIONS ON GUPTA EMPIRE
0 of 11 questions completed
TEST WILL CONTAIN 5-10 QUESTIONS ON THE SELECTED TOPIC. TRY TO ANSWER MAXIMUM. FOR ANY QUERY PLEASE REFER TO COMMENT BOX.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 11 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Consider following statements about Harshavardhana
1. Chinese pilgrim, Hieun Tsang (Prince of Travelers) visited during his reign.
2. He established a large monastery at Vikramshila.
3. He defeated Pulakesin-II.
Choose the correct statements.Correct
Consider following statements about Chalukyas and choose the correct one.
1. They were Western Chalukvas of Venei and Eastern Chalukvas of Kalvani.
2. Much the paintings and sculptures of the Ajanta and Ellora caves were completed during the Chalukyan reign.Correct
Vikramaditya II Tribhuyanamaha was
1. The hero of Bilhana’s Vikranankadeva Charita.
2. Introduced the Chaluk a-Vikrama era.
Choose the incorrect statementCorrect
Consider following statements about famous rock-cut Kailasha temple at Ellora.
1. Constructed by Krishna-1 of Vakatakas.
2. It represents Nagara style.
Choose the correct statemenCorrect
Samudragupta of the Gupta dynasty was unique among the Indian Hindu rulers owing to:Correct
Who among the following literary figures of the Gupta Age is given the title of ‘Indian Shakespeare’?Correct
Charaka was the court physician of:Correct
The region of Gupta rulers is known as the ‘Golden Age of lndia.’ Which of the following is true in this regard?Correct
Which of the following was/were the reasons for general decline of foreign trade during the later Gupta period ? Select the answer from the codes given below:
1. Quality of goods declined
2. Arabs and Chinese intervention in the trade
3. Decline and fall of the Roman Empire
4. Indian law makers declared it a great sin for a Hindu to travel by seaCorrect
Match the following
Old Name New Name
1.Suvamabhumi a. Myanmar
2.Suvamadwipa b. Malaya
3.Kamboja c. Combodia
4.Yavadwipa d. JavaCorrect
The great mathematician and astronomer of the Gupta period, Aryabhatta, is credited with
1. Discovery of earth’s rotation on its axis
2. Using the concept of zero
3. Discovery of gravitational force of earth
4. Discovery of the cause of eclipse being the earth’s shadow on the moonCorrect
Add a Comment