QUESTIONS ON DANCES (ART AND CULTURE)
0 of 6 questions completed
TEST WILL CONTAIN 5-10 QUESTIONS ON THE SELECTED TOPIC. TRY TO ANSWER MAXIMUM. FOR ANY QUERY PLEASE REFER TO COMMENT BOX.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 6 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Consider the following statements about Kathakali dance form :
1. It originated in the area of southwestern India now known as the state of Karnataka.
2. Colours are used on faces to convey the shade and mood of character.
3. Props are heavily used to suggest the scenes.
4. The dance form uses remarkable use of eye movements and expressions.
Which of the above statements is/are incorrect?Correct
Consider the following differences between Bharatnatyam and Kathak and select the correct difference :
(1) Bharatnatyam involves mudras and hip movement whereas hip movement is not allowed in Kathak.
(2) Bharatnatyam is performed throughout in standing postures whereas Kathak is performed more in sitting posture.
(3) Bharatnatyam involves bent knee postures whereas there is no knee bending in Kathak.
Select the correct code:Correct
How do you distinguish between Kuchipudi and Bharatanatyam dances?
1.Dancers occasionally speaking dialogues is found in Kuchipudi dance but not in Bharatanatyam.
2.Dancing on the brass plate by keeping the feet on its edges is a feature of Bharatanatyam but Kuchipudi dance does not have such a form of movements.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?Correct
With reference to the famous Sattriya dance, consider the following statements:
1.Sattriya is a combination of music, dance and drama.
2.It is a centuries-old living tradition of Vaishnavites of Assam.
3.It is based on classical Ragas and Talas of devotional songs composed by Tulsidas, Kabir and Mirabai.
Which of the statements given above is /are correct?Correct
Consider following pairs
1.Garba : Gujarat
2.Mohiniattam : Odisha
3.Yakshagana : Karnataka
Which of the pairs given above is/are correctly matched?Correct
Consider the following statements:
1.Bharatnatyam is considered the mother art of most of the other classical dances of India.
2.Kathak’ means the one who tells a story.
3.Kuchipudi derives its name from the Kuchipudi village of Andhra Pradesh.
4.Odissi is considered a dance of love, joy and intense passion, pure, divine and human.Which of the statements given above is/are correct?Correct
Add a Comment