QUESTIONS ON PARLIAMENT 4
0 of 8 questions completed
TEST WILL CONTAIN 5-10 QUESTIONS ON THE SELECTED TOPIC. TRY TO ANSWER MAXIMUM. FOR ANY QUERY PLEASE REFER TO COMMENT BOX.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 8 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Consider the following statements regarding the Question Hour:
1. The Parliament, while in session, begins with question hour.
2. Functionalities of question hour are to control the executive and to alert the ruling party of its shortcomings.
Which of the above statement(s) is/are true?Correct
Consider the following statements regarding a Constitutional Amendment Bill:
1. If the Constitutional Amendment Bill is not passed by one of the houses of the parliament, the bill will be lapsed.
2. Constitutional Amendment cannot be introduced by private member.
Which of the above statement(s) is/ are true?Correct
Regarding the distribution of powers between center and state, which of the following statement is incorrect?Correct
Consider the following statements:
1. The motion of No Confidence can only be passed by the Lok Sabha.
2. Rajya Sabha can debate the budget and suggest changes but cannot reject it.
Which of the above statements are correct?Correct
Which of the following is/are true about two systems of government?
1. In Parliamentary form of government Council of Ministers are collectively responsible to the legislature.
2. In Presidential form of government President is the de facto head and is answerable to the voters rather than the legislature.
3. In Presidential form of government President is not the part of parliament thus free from the evils of party influence in his daily administration.
Which of the following statements is/are true about the Rajya Sabha?
1. The representatives of each Union Territory are indirectly elected by members of an electroral college specially constituted for the purpose
2. It has equal powers with Lok Sabha in case of ordinary bill.
Which of the following is/are true about joint sitting of Parliament?
1. It can be arranged in case of all types of bills.
2. It is presided over by the Vice-President.
3. It can be arranged even when bill is pending in Rajya Sabha to remove the deadlock.
Which of the following statements with regard to the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) is/are incorrect?
1. Its members have the status of judges of High Courts
2. Members must be persons who are qualified to be appointed as judges of High Courts
3. Appeals against the orders of CAT must first be made in the concerned High Court and not the Supreme Court
Select the correct answer using the code given below:Correct
Add a Comment