QUESTIONS ON PRESIDENT 2
0 of 11 questions completed
TEST WILL CONTAIN 5-10 QUESTIONS ON THE SELECTED TOPIC. TRY TO ANSWER MAXIMUM. FOR ANY QUERY PLEASE REFER TO COMMENT BOX.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 11 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
The President can exercise discretionary powers in the following cases:
1. The President can send back the advice given by the Council of Ministers and ask the Council to reconsider the decision.
2. The President has veto power by which he can withhold or refuse to give assent to Bills.
3. The President appoints the Prime Minister from the group of members of the majority party.
Select the correct code:Correct
Consider the following statements—The charge of violation of the Constitution by the President of India for his impeachment cannot be preferred by a House unless :
1. a resolution containing the proposal is moved after a 7 days’ notice in writing signed by not less than 1/4th of the total number of members of that House
2. the resolution is passed by a majority of not less than 2/ 3rd of the total membership of that House
Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?Correct
Consider the following statements
1. The only ground for impeachment of President of India is violation of the Constitution
2. The advice of the Council of Ministers is not binding on the President
3. The President can be removed by not less than two-thirds of the members present and voting in the House
4. In the history of India, no President has been impeached so far
Select the correct codeCorrect
When the President keeps a bill pending with him without any time limit. It is referred to asCorrect
According to the Constitution of India, the executive power of Union Government is vested inCorrect
If the Office of President of India falls vacant the Vice President Discharges the duty of his office for:Correct
The Prime Minister is duty bound to inform the President about decisions of the Council of Ministers. This duty is derived from?Correct
The President of India is not provided with any discretion by the Constitution. But in some situations he can act in his discretion.
Regarding which of the following the President acts in his discretion.Correct
Regarding President’s Power of issuing Ordinance; Consider the Following Statements.
1. The ordinance cannot be issued even if anyone house is in Session.
2. The Ordinance cannot be subject to Judicial Review until it is passed by the Parliament.
3. Ordinance cannot be issued for Constitution Amendment.
4. There is no limit on the Number of Times an Ordinance can be Re-Promulgated.
Which of the above mentioned Statement(s) is/are correct?Correct
Regarding the Legislative Power of the President consider the Following Statements:
I.He appoints the Speaker, Deputy Speaker and Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha and they hold office during his Pleasure.
II. He nominates 12 members in Rajya Sabha and 2 members in Lok Sabha from among persons having special knowledge or practical experience in literature, science, arts, and social service.
III. He presides over the Joint Sitting of the Houses. Which of the above statement(s) is/are incorrect?Correct
President can resign from his post by handing over his resignation to ?Correct
Add a Comment