QUESTIONS ON PRESIDENT 1
0 of 11 questions completed
TEST WILL CONTAIN 5-10 QUESTIONS ON THE SELECTED TOPIC. TRY TO ANSWER MAXIMUM. FOR ANY QUERY PLEASE REFER TO COMMENT BOX.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 11 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Which one of the following is not correct about the powers of the president of India to grant pardons, reprieves, respites or remissions of punishment or to suspend, remit or commute the sentence of any person convicted of any offence?Correct
Before giving any decision on questions as to disqualification of a member of either House of Parliament, the President of India shall obtain the opinion of which one of the following ?Correct
Select the correct answer using the code given below, Which one of the following is the correct statement ?
Proclamation of Emergency in a State under Article 356 can continue beyond one year ifCorrect
Consider the following statements:
1) For election of the President of India, each elected member of either House of Parliament shall have such number of votes as may be obtained by dividing the total number of votes assigned to the members of the Legislative Assemblies of the States by the number of the members of the Lok Sabha.
2) The Vice-President of India is elected by the members of an electoral college consisting of the members of the both the Houses of Parliament and the elected members of the Legislative Assemblies of each State.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?Correct
Which one of the following statements about the impeachments of the President of India is not correct?Correct
Consider the following statements in respect of an Ordinance promulgated by the President of India during recess of Parliament.
1) Such an Ordinance may be withdrawn at any time by the President.
2) Such an Ordinance shall be laid before both Houses of Parliament and shall cease to operate at the expiration of six weeks from the reassembly of Parliament, or before that period if disapproved by both Houses.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?Correct
Under which of the following circumstances can the President of India exercise discretionary power?
1) When there is dispute between the Prime Minister and Cabinet Minister
2) When there is no majority party in the Lok Sabha and he has to choose a Prime Minister
3) When the ruling party loses its majority in the Lok Sabha
4) When the President decides to refer the advice of the Union Cabinet back for reconsideration
Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:Correct
Which of the following Statements are correct?
1. The power conferred by the President by Article 123 is not available when the two houses of parliament are in session.
2. The President addresses both houses of Parliament at the commencement of the first session each year and inform the Parliament of the causes of its summons.
3. The President has the right to address either House of Parliament at any time.
4. The President has the power of appointing Indian representatives to other countries and receiving diplomatic representatives of other states as is recognised by the Parliament.Correct
Consider the following with reference to the Pardoning power provided by the Constitution to the Executive:
1. Only the President can pardon sentences inflicted by Court Martial.
2. Even if a State law prescribes a death sentence, the Governor cannot pardon a death sentence.
3. Regarding Suspension, Remission or Commutation of a Sentence, the jurisdiction of the Governor is
concurrent with the President.
4. Remission means awarding a lesser sentence instead of the penalty prescribed in view of some special fact.
Which of the above statements are correct?Correct
Consider the following statements regarding financial emergency.
1. There is no maximum period prescribed for its operation.
2. Repeated parliamentary approval is not required for its continuation.
3. Financial Emergency may be revoked by the president at anytime by a subsequent proclamation without any parliamentary approval.
4. During the emergency the president can reduce the salaries and the allowances of the government
employees excluding the judges of supreme court and high courts.
Which of the above is/are correct?Correct
Consider the following statements with respect to national emergency.
1. The centre can give executive directions to a state on certain matters
2. The constitution becomes unitary rather than federal, in action
3. Parliament can make permanent laws on subjects in the state list
4. All the fundamental rights stay suspended.
Which of following statements are incorrect?Correct
Add a Comment