QUESTIONS ON PRESIDENT
0 of 10 questions completed
TEST WILL CONTAIN 5-10 QUESTIONS ON THE SELECTED TOPIC. TRY TO ANSWER MAXIMUM. FOR ANY QUERY PLEASE REFER TO COMMENT BOX.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Which of the following steps can be taken by the President during the Financial Emergency?
1. Direct the Union and of State Governments to observe such canons of financial propriety as he deems desirable
2. Suspend the Fundamental Rights of the Indian citizens
3. Order reduction of salaries and allowances of all the Civil Servants
4. Order the reduction of the salaries of the Supreme Court and High Court JudgesCorrect
Which of the following are judicial powers of the President of India?
1. He can remove the Judges of the Supreme Court on grounds of misconduct
2. He appoints the Chief Justice and other Judges of the Supreme Court
3. He can grant pardon, reprieves and respites to the persons
4. He can consult the Supreme Court on any question of law or fact which is of public importanceCorrect
3.Regarding the powers and functions of the President, which of the following are correct?
all legislative proposals involving expenditure from the Consolidated Fund of India have to be recommended by the President to the Parliament for consideration
2. he may direct the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court to take over a particular case for disposal
3. he calls upon the party enjoying majority in the LokSabha to choose its leader who is then appointed as the Prime Minister
4. no Money Bill or demand for grant can be introduced or moved in the Parliament unless it has been recommended by the President
Generally the first session of the Parliament starts with an address of the President in whichCorrect
Consider the following statements-
1. The President can direct that any matter on which decision has been taken by a Minister should be placed before the Council of Ministers.
2. The president can call all information relating to proposals for legisaltion.
3. The President can call all information relating to proposals for legislation.
4. All decisions of the Council of Ministers relating to the administration of the Union must be communicated to the President.
Which of the statements given above are correct?Correct
Consider the following statements:
Proclamation of emergency under Article 352 of the Constitution of India–
1. Requires written communication of the Union Cabinet to the President to the effect.
2. Can be issued for the whole of India or part thereof.
3. lapses, if not approved by both Houses of Parliament within a month.
4. Requires a resolution approving the proclamation passed by both Houses of Parliament only by majority of the total membership of each House not less than 2/3 present and voting.
5. Once approved by Parliament can last for six months.
Which of the statements given above are correct ?Correct
Which one of the following statements about the impeachment of the President of India is NOT correctCorrect
In the election to the post of the PresidentCorrect
What can the President do if the states fail to comply with the directives of the Central government?Correct
The President of India can andCorrect
Add a Comment