QUESTIONS ON INTERNAL STRUCTURE OF EARTH 1
0 of 9 questions completed
TEST WILL CONTAIN 5-10 QUESTIONS ON THE SELECTED TOPIC. TRY TO ANSWER MAXIMUM. FOR ANY QUERY PLEASE REFER TO COMMENT BOX.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 9 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Consider the following statements.
1. Igneous rocks are formed due to cooling, solidification and crystallization of hot and molten materials.
2. Igneous rocks are highly affected by chemical weathering since water easily penetrate into it.
3. Igneous rocks too have strata and layers like sedimentary rocks.
4. Igneous rocks are mostly associated with the volcanic activities and thus they are also called volcanic rocks.
5. Basalt is a fine-grained, dark coloured extensive igneous rocks.
Which of the above statements are correct?Correct
Consider the following statements:
1. The density of the material decreases from crust to core
2. Lithosphere is a part of both crust and mantle.
3. Mantle is sometimes referred to as nife layer.
Which of the above mentioned statements is/are correct?Correct
Which of the following statements is/are INCORRECT?
1. The mean thickness of oceanic crust is lesser than that of the continental crust
2. Asthenosphere, the lower portion of the mantle, is the main source of magma that finds its way to the surface during volcanic eruptions
3. The density of material at the mantle core boundary is getting increased towards the centre of the earth
4. There is a system of mid-ocean ridges more than 70,000 km long experiences frequent volcanic eruptionsCorrect
With regard to earth’s crust, consider the following statements:
1. Continental crust is denser than oceanic crust.
2. Continental crust is basaltic in nature.
3. Oceanic crust subducts under the continental crust during the collision of plates.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?Correct
Consider the following statements made about sedimentary rocks:
1.Sedimentary rocks are formed at earth’s surface by the hydrological system
2.Formation of sedimentary rocks involves the weathering of preexisting rocks
3.Sedimentary rocks contain fossils
4.Sedimentary rocks typically occur in layers
Which of these statements are correct?Correct
Quartzite is metamorphosed from:Correct
Which of the following are the reasons for the formation of metamorphic rocks?
1. High temperatures and pressures at depth cause changes in mineralogy, texture and composition.
2. Changes take place in solid state by crystallisation and chemical reactions.
3. Temperatures greater than 150°, less than 400°.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below.Correct
Which of the following are true with respect to sedimentary rocks?
1. the rocks are deposited in layers
2. at times the particles of rock are wholly organic in nature
3. the rocks are not crystalline
4. their structure is determined by great pressure or heat Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:Correct
Which among the following is/are primary rocks?
1. Igneous Rocks
2. Sedimentary Rocks
3. Metamorphic Rocks
Select the correct answer using the code given below.Correct
Add a Comment