QUESTIONS ON EDUCATION , PRESS AND TRIBAL MOVEMENT 1
0 of 10 questions completed
TEST WILL CONTAIN 5-10 QUESTIONS ON THE SELECTED TOPIC. TRY TO ANSWER MAXIMUM. FOR ANY QUERY PLEASE REFER TO COMMENT BOX.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1.Sir Charles Wood’s Despatch on Education came to be considered as the Magna Carta of English education in India. Which of the following is/are not correct about it?
1. It underemphasised the importance of Vernacular languages
2. It supported the education of women
Select the correct answer using codes given below.Correct
Pagal Panthis sect was founded by —Correct
Choose the correct statements about the development of education in India during British rule:
1. Woods dispatch of 1854 headed by Charles Wood is considered to be “Magna Carta” of English education in India.
2. Hunter Education Commission (1882-83) favored English language for education at all levels and was against the use of vernacular language as a medium of education at any level.
3. Sergeant Plan of Education (1944) recommended for free, universal and compulsory education for children of 6-11 years of age.
Select the correct code:Correct
Which of the following is incorrect about the ways the colonialism had affected the tribals around the beginning of the 19th century:
1. There was large influx of Christian missionaries into the tribal areas
2. The traditional forest rights of the tribals was not affected as Britishers were more interested in the Cotton and Tea production
3. The uprisings among the tribals like the Bhil uprising, the Sanyasi rebellion and the Chaur uprising were brutally suppressed by the BritishCorrect
Which of the following is/are true about the tribal revolts against colonialism:
1. The Santhal rebellion was the most massive among them
2. Santhals believed that they had the backing of Thakur (God) for the revolt
3. Birsa proclaimed a rebellion and also that Satyug would be established in the place of Kalyug, for the Munda tribesmenCorrect
Which of the following statements is/are the features of Indigo revolt after the 1857:
1. The intelligentsia of Bengal played a powerful campaign supporting the rebellious peasantry
2. The reaction of the government was not very repressive as the revolt of 1857 just concludedCorrect
With reference to Tebhaga Movement, which of the following statements are true:
1. The movement occurred in Bengal over the issue of share croppers paying half crop to the jotedars
2. The movement was led by the Congress Socialist PartyCorrect
Which of the following groups are not correctly matched in the order of newspaper-language-founder:
1. Kesari- English- BG Tilak
2. Hindu- Tamil- Subramania Iyer
3. Mahratta- Marathi- GK GokhaleCorrect
The first Newspaper which was published in India was titled —Correct
The tribal rebellion against the British known as Ulgulan was organised by —Correct
Add a Comment