QUESTIONS ON QUIT INDIA , AUGUST OFFER ,CRIPPS MISSION 1
0 of 10 questions completed
TEST WILL CONTAIN 5-10 QUESTIONS ON THE SELECTED TOPIC. TRY TO ANSWER MAXIMUM. FOR ANY QUERY PLEASE REFER TO COMMENT BOX.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Individual satyagraha was decided as a method of showing disapproval of participating in the Second World War without consulting the people’s representatives. Who was the first to offer such satyagraha on October 17, 1940 ?Correct
The ‘August Offer’ put forward the idea/s of
1. a representative body to draft a new Constitution for India immediately if the Congress supported the War effort.
2. enlarging the Viceroy’s Executive Council by nominating more Indians to it.
3. appointing a War Advisory Council comprising representatives of British India and Indian States
4. a National Government after the WarCorrect
The Quit India resolution was adopted because
1. the Crips Mission failed to meet nationalist demands
2. the Congress at last realized that the Allies’ cause was an imperialist cause alone
3. Gandhi felt the people’s morale had to be built up to resist any impending Japanese invasion
4. it was felt that any further inactivity would be tantamount to accepting the right of the British government to decide India’s fate without considering the Indians’ wishesCorrect
Which of the following statements is/are true about the Govt of India Act of 1935:
1. The act was based on the white paper released during the second RTC attended by Gandhi
2. The act ended the system of diarchy at the provincial level and proposed federation of IndiaCorrect
August Offer is about:Correct
Which of the following is not true about Quit India Movement:Correct
Which of the following is/are the characteristics of Quit India movement?
1. There was a complete absence of anti-zamindar violence.
2. Muslims participation was highest as compared to other movements in 20th century.
3. Government officials of lower levels in police and administration supported the movement.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below.Correct
What were the reasons behind the sudden change in Congress’ posture and launch of Quit India Movement?
1. Failure of Cripps Mission
2. The manner in which British withdrew from South- East Asia
3. Famine conditions in Bengal and the Government’s apathetic attitude to the situation
Select the correct option using the codes given below.Correct
Which of the following offers were made in ‘August Offer’?
1. An immediate expansion of Imperial Legislative council by enlarging Indian representation.
2. The establishment of war advisory council consisting of representatives of British India and Indian states.
3. The promotion of practical steps to arrive on an agreement on the form of post war representative body.
Select the correct answer using the code given below.Correct
Which of the following is not correct?Correct
Add a Comment