QUESTIONS ON HOME RULE MOVEMENT
0 of 10 questions completed
TEST WILL CONTAIN 5-10 QUESTIONS ON THE SELECTED TOPIC. TRY TO ANSWER MAXIMUM. FOR ANY QUERY PLEASE REFER TO COMMENT BOX.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1.Which of the following statements are not true of the Home Rule Movement
1. The demand was for self- government and not complete independence
2. The movement included promoting political education to build a base for self- government.
3. The movement was a part of the Congress activity
4. It did not achieve much popularity or impactCorrect
Which of the following are true with regard to the Lucknow Pact?
1. One-third of the elected members of the Imperial Legislative were to be Muslims
2. Separate electorates for the Muslims were granted in the Provincial Council
3. No bill was to be passed in case it was rejected by any of the two partners
4. Both the Congress and Muslim League would cooperate for the achievement of self- government in the next ten yearsCorrect
Consider the following personalities:
1. Annie Besant
2. Bal Gangadhar Tilak
3. Muhammed Ali Jinnah
4. Mahatma Gandhi
Which of them were associated with the Home Rule Movement?Correct
What were the favourable atmosphere that led to the reunion of extremists to congress in Lucknow session?
1.Annie Besant and Tilak had made vigorous attempts for the reunion.
2.The death of two Moderates Gokhale and Ferozshah Mehta facilitated the reunion.
3.Both the moderates and extremists realized that the split had led to political inactivity.
Which of the above statements is/are correctCorrect
In the context of Tilak’s Home Rule League, which of the following statements is/are correct:
1. It worked in Maharashtra (excluding Bombay), Central Provinces, Karnataka and Berar
2. Tilak demanded for Home Rule as India was matured enough to care of itself
3. Tilak recognized the formation of states on linguistic basis and also education in vernacular languages
4. Tilak’s organisation of the league was more better than Annie Besant’s league which was loosely organisedCorrect
In the context of the Lucknow session of Congress in 1916, which of the following statements is/are true:
1. The Congress- League Pact was signed
2. Tilak and his men were welcomed back into the Congress after ten years of separationCorrect
. Which among the following events were not associated with Gandhi’s early career in India:
1. Swadeshi Movement
2. Lucknow Pact
3. Poona Pact
4. Champaran SatyagrahaCorrect
1.Consider following statements about the Home Rule movement:
1. Home Rule movement was organized under the auspices of Congress.
2. The objective of this movement was to obtain self rule under the British rule in constitutional way.
3. Montagu Declaration in 1917 was one of the factors which weakened the movement.
4. It created the environment to undo the Surat Split.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?Correct
Which of the following is/are true about Home Rule Movement?
1. Tilak league was restricted to some parts of India like Maharashtra whereas Besant league covered major parts of the country.
2. Home Rule movement was merged with the Swadeshi movement by Bal Gangadhar Tilak.
Consider the following statements regarding Home Rule Movement:
1. Bal Gangadar Tilak and Anne Besant were the prominent leaders of the movement.
2. This movement was the first to make a call for “Complete Independence”.
3. The popular support for this movement pressured the British to bring in the Montague-Chelmsford Reforms.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?Correct
Add a Comment